Monday, June 17, 2013

Review: Rimmel SHOW OFF Lip Lacquers (UK Apocolips)

Hey Everyone! As you might already know but the Rimmel Apocolips are finally available here in the U.S.! I was so excited to see these at Walgreens the other day. I had been waiting for them to be released and kept asking on the Rimmel Facebook page and they kept saying that they had no plans on releasing them in the U.S. Well, it looks like plenty of us complained!  Ok, enough with the blabber on to the specifics! They are currently available at Walgreens and Drugstore.com. At Walgreens they are on special for $4.99 but, I believe they will go up to either 5.19 or 5.29.

I bought 5 out of the 14 shades here is a pic:







The shades are, Galaxy, Apocoliptic, Aurora, Comet, and Luna. Out of the the 5 I have the only one that has any glitter or sparkle is Galaxy. However the sparkle in it is so subtle that you really can't tell once its on your lips. Galaxy also has to be my favorite. I like all the colors but, with my skin tone (pale as can be) the brighter colors look much better and the lighter ones, such as Luna, washes me out quite a bit. I did not go for Nude Eclipse for this reason. The other colors in the collection are fantastic and I might consider getting Big Bang(intense red).



   Here are the colors swatched on my arm. As you can see the pigmentation is out of this world and the colors are completely opaque. This is one swipe right out of the tube.


I hope you guys enjoyed the review and stay tuned for more reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment